RE:A MOTHER LIKE STELLA:MY RESPONSE.
Dear Mr Ejinkonye,
You have failed to make any fruitful point in this article and I feel that I wasted my time reading this garbage in form of article because I came away with nothing.I respect your opinion but strongly disagree with you and I will tell you why.
Only God can determine how we live and die and that is why death to many is the end of living.I don't know how I will die neither do you,even some of those faceless unregistered folks.It is only a foolish mind that disrespects the dead and moreso,it is only in Nigeria that exist those who chastise people even when they are dead.
Mrs Stella Obasanjo came,lived and left in dignity.We should respectfully allow her family and genuine mourners the grace and oportunity to deal with the loss.Stella Obasanjo lived in pride and privilege,she was a wonderful human being,a very supportive and devoted wife,an enviable mother who loved her son like any good mother.Those who write or say negative things about Stella Obasanjo are those who are jealous of the life she lived but what astonishes me is that this jealousy stretches even in death.One thing I know is that God gave us a wonderful First Lady and probably took her way because we either don't deserve her or don't appreciate our loss.
I mourn Mrs obasanjo's death because she had the qualities of a well raised african woman.She was proud,wifely and devoted.She was not our president and I never expected her to change what she couldn't.Stella Obasanjo was a unique uniter even in death,judging by the testimonies of people like Wole Soyinka,Orji Kalu,Buhari and other folks who were opponents of the president and his policies but admirers of our the First Lady and her rare but outstanding qualities.
I join well meaning Nigerians in celebrating the life Mrs Obasanjo lived and you don't have to agree with me.You don't have to agree that our President is effective,but let us all agree that Mrs Stella Obasanjo deserve grace and dignity in death.We should all be very careful in what we wish others because God has a way of returning our evil wishes to us.
Stella Obasanjo;may your wonderful and beautiful soul rest in peace and I join your family and well meaning Nigerians is mourning your loss.
Sincerely,
Pat Ezeadichie(USA).
N/B...This is an article I wrote in response to an unwarranted bashing of the dead by one Ugochukwu Ejinkonye who is (by the way),my name-sake.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home