NIGERIA AND CORRUPTION.

Nigeria is big,bold and great.There is no doubt about this,not because I am a Nigeria but because it is a fact.We are dominant,resourceful and very corrupt unfortunately.There are more than a thousand ways you can tell you are in a corrupt society but I will list only a handful.You are in a corrupt place when you have to bribe a law enforcement officer for driving directions if you are lost.You are in a corrupt place if a bank official must accept bribe from you in order to deposit your hard earned money in the bank.You are in a corrupt and hopeless society if you have to bribe a police officer at thousands of illegal checkpoints.The sad truth here is that there is a huge amount of corruption in Nigeria.All hope is not lost but much is not done to diminish this ugly monster in our society.There is corruption everywhere but ours is deep and digusting.It is a shame that we don't have enough people in Nigeria that can challenge the corrupt and instill transparency in us.Julius Nyerere instilled discipline and accountability in Tanzania and years after his death,his people are still reaping the fruits of his worthy labour.I am getting old and maybe this is why I am getting desperate to see things turn around in a Country so love and admired.
I am not a pessimist so I see something good coming to Nigeria.I see that the present administration is trying(though not enough)to keep this sinking ship called Nigeria afloat.I am happy to see efforts of Nuhu Ribadu,Okonjo-Iweala,Ngige,Orji Kalu and others but we should do more.Thanks for reading thise blog.May God bless and protect Nigeria.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home