DR ORJI UZOR KALU..AN ACHIEVER.
The era of substance and achievement has come to the eastern part of Nigeria and I am happy to see this era in the profile of the ebulient governor of Abia State,Dr Orji Kalu.I have a penchant in looking at the lives and achievements of some of our past and present leaders and have come to the conclusion that people rely on and feel more comfortable around any leader or person who is young,courageous,ambitious,determined and productive and this is how I feel about the positive profile and agenda of this youngman.
At early 40,Dr Orji Kalu has actually achieved more than all eastern politicians put together and this is just a tip of the iceberg in terms of what is yet to come and I will tell you why.
Once in a year,I shut down my computer,travel to Nigeria to see and assess things myself instead of relying only on the things(both positive and negative)that I read about our rulers or leaders and this has helped me a great deal because I see the evil and double-standard in most of the negative and irresponsible criticism from people whose sole mission is to turn around and ridicule the good deeds of governors like Orji Kalu and Chris Ngige.
While in Abia and Anambra state,I saw the opposite of what most writers force us the see in the the two men I mentioned.I saw two governors that work tirelessly to fulfill the yearnings and aspirations of their people.I saw that most Abia people are happy with the way Governor Orji kalu has conducted the affairs of Abia State.I saw orderliness,good roads and effective management of social amenities that are though inadequate.I saw a visionary governor who listen to his people and give them hope when all hope seem to be lost.I saw a progressive realist who has managed to be in the limelight when his detractors look to bring him down almost on daily basis.
I do not claim to know too much but one thing I am so sure of,is that the eastern part of Nigeria would not be the same if we've had about 10 Orji Kalu's since our independence in 1960.This is the first time we've had young and visionary people who are ready to go where their people want them to go and this is what I saw during my recent visit to Abia state.
I want to use this oportunity and medium to assure most progressive minded people to disregard most of the negative things they hear or read about people like Governor Orji Uzor Kalu because the are biased and sadly misleading.I want to also assure most of you that there is a bright light at the end of the tunnel when we support and encourage people like Dr Orji Kalu instead of making false and unfounded allegations and accusations.We should all come to a realistic conclusion that there is little or no need in scoring and lodging baseless cheapshots on individuals sent by the Almighty to guide,support and give hope to the hopeless.
My visit to Nigeria was timely,fruitful and rewarding and this blog is to give you what you need.I am trying to tell it the way it is without minding whose ox is gored,as a passive member of the fourth estate.Thank you for reading this blog and may God guide and protect all us,including those who may not agree me,Dr Orji Kalu or Governor Chris Ngige.Please endeavour to read my coming blogs on Ngige,Nuhu Ribadu,et al.Thanks.
Sincerely,
Pat Ezeadichie.(USA).
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home